Monday, March 2, 2009

God's provision

I am new to this whole blogging thing, but thought that since I like to write, this might be a good place to journal my thoughts about my life and my family. I am married and am a stay at home mom to four children. I spend most of my life just trying to keep up with the housework and various appointments that my children and I have each week. It's exhausting at times, but for the most part, it is worth staying home right now - even though we really could use the extra income. Honestly, when I look at the pros and cons of working, I can't see very much in the way of benefits.
We're in a tough spot right now, but this is the only option I see that's available to us.

Sometimes I wonder why God allows us to suffer the way we do, and to not have nice things like those around us. Sometimes it's all we can do just to provide the basic necessities of life. I really wish I could afford to give my children music lessons, but there's not always enough money for gas - let alone the $60 a month PER child that it would cost - and that's just having a college student for a teacher.

I get very frustrated with my life and the lack of income. My husband works hard for what he brings home, and for that I am very thankful. I just wish he could have a job that he truly enjoyed AND paid enough for the things we need.

And yet...once again God has provided just what we need - when we need it. It's hard to live from paycheck to paycheck...but we somehow always manage to scrape by. I'm just tired of "scraping by" though. i've thought often about getting a job, but there are several limitations to that possibility, and no one wants to hire a mom who can only work certain hours, and would need to take time off routinely for doctor's appointments. if there were only something I could do from home that would actually be profitable...

Oh well. Enough dwelling on the negatives of my life. i have things that must get done around here today, while I wait for my husband to come home from work. Tomorrow starts a week of vacation - and we get to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary all week long! Our anniversary is actually on Wednesday (the 4th), but it will be nice to have extra time to spend together!

No comments:

Post a Comment